PDA

View Full Version : rifle build

dieseltech97
02-22-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm new here so hello everyone I picked up a Stevens 200 in 300 win mag for 220 bucks new yesterday. I've been shopping around to build a long range target rifle I was originally look for a short action but this was to good of a deal and I've hunted and hand loaded with a 300 win mag for years so I'll start with this. I have been shopping around for parts for a long time but was wondering what you guys thought. I was thinking shilen heavy barrel have it threaded and put on a muzzle brake, H-S M24 vertical grip varmint tactical stock I'll bed it myself I would like to do a dbm but I am not sure if I can. A sharp shooter supply bolt Handle not sure what trigger yet or on barrel nut and recoil lug. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks

Rick_W
02-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Welcome!

Sounds like a good start.

I'd look at a Rifle Basix SAV-1 trigger and a barrel nut & recoil lug from Northland Shooter Supply.

scooterf79
02-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood! Sounds good! +1 on the nut and recoil lug from Jim @ NSS. I have the rifle basix trigger in my 280AI and like it pretty well. Nss has those as well.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Scooter

dieseltech97
02-23-2015, 12:07 AM
Thanks guys I broke my arm and elbow a few weeks ago and figured I would try and get started on my project since I have a lot of time on my hands. I will keep everything updated as I go and post the budget I'm trying to build a good shooting rifle without going overboard with the budget. Does anyone know of a dbm system that drops in with this stock?