PDA

View Full Version : stockys bobby hart laminate question

Lnmi
02-20-2015, 09:52 PM
I know this stock is probably more suited for bench shooting, but I really like the looks of it. For all you that have one, do you think it is too heavy for field use? I know that question is going to vary but if the majority say "there is no way I'd want to carry it" then I'll pass. Thank you

bootsmcguire
02-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Its really not that much heavier than other Varmint type laminate stocks. I will say that I would not plan it for any offhand shooting. Prone, bench, bipod, or even tripod it should be ok, but I wouldn't plan on it for any kind of hunting where you are going to be moving around from place to place much.

I like mine, I have taken it to the field, on pdog towns and shooting prone for deer it does well, but for me there are better stocks for general field use. So far I like my boyds thumbhole stocks for general field use in a laminate stock.

Lnmi
02-21-2015, 12:33 AM
Thanks boots, I usually use a set of shooting sticks or if it's warm enough try to set up shooting prone. I would be using the stock on my 243 for coyotes. I told myself I was going to try to keep this gun light but I keep drooling over that stock.

short round
02-21-2015, 04:35 AM
Mine weighs in at 4 pounds.

barrel-nut
02-21-2015, 05:08 AM
I have two of them. They are neither compact nor lightweight, but they are great all-around stocks for longer range shooting. I wouldn't say they are ideal for any one particular purpose, but they do well at many roles. And they look great on top of that. I consider them a really good value too.

Lnmi
02-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Thanks guys. I see most of the colors look to be backordered right now

stomp442
02-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Call them and they will tell you what they have on hand or when it will be in. I don't think the website is updated daily. They were very helpful when I called.