PDA

View Full Version : After Market Stocks 111

Neaxz
02-19-2015, 11:07 PM
I have a 7mm 111 That i recently purchased in the hopes of using it for long range competitions. Well i flinch a little as the new stocks they put on are rather light and deliver the whole punch right to you. What I was wondering is if anyone could point me to a place where I could find some decent stocks.
The real problem with that is that it's new. No one seems to make a stock for the center feed drop mags. Especially with the trigger guard bolt release thing they have now.

Any help would be great.

Hotolds442
02-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Have you tried Boyd's? I'm sure they've got you covered.

wingspar
02-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Bell & Carlson makes some nice stocks and seem to have a good following with Savage owners. I just bought one, tho I have not set the action in it yet as I want to get the gun out to the range one more time before I put the new stock on. I’m not sure how much a heavier stock will help with recoil tho, but I’ll be finding out soon. I don’t expect it to help all that much, and this is with a .308 Hog Hunter. The stock weighs about 4 ½ pounds. I think the plastic stock that came on the gun can’t weigh more than a pound and a half, two pounds at the most. B&C has good CS, and to me that goes a long way.