PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Box Compatibility for Various Conversions on the Model 110.

SparkyLB
02-18-2015, 05:41 AM
For those with older, stagger or centerfeed blind magazines looking to change calibers and use the magazine they have; maybe we could start a database of sorts. I had questions and felt I did my homework, but had little confidence in my findings. Whether or not the new round would feed in the old magazine; I thought was dependent upon how close the shoulder of the new round was behind the side pressings on the existing magazine. I also thought this alone had its drawbacks.

I have seen more than one question posted from members about if an existing magazine would work for this or that new cartridge. Some have gone unanswered, as the question is a tough one to answer by just trying to look it up, or look at schematics. But a thread that compiled this data, based on what's worked for others, could be helpful to those starting out.

So maybe this thread could be dedicated to those who have been there. Have you changed calibers in your Savage? Could you report on what your existing magazine is; and let us know if the cartridge you shoot now works in the old box?

Here's my contribution:

The 270 Winchester round fits, feeds, and functions VERY well in the existing 338 Winchester Magnum magazine box.