PDA

View Full Version : Trigger?

nockhunter
02-17-2015, 10:42 PM
I am just finishing my Stevens 200 build, and I am planning on a new trigger. What are you guys using and why? I am not going to go crazy, I want a good hunting (varmint) trigger.

Thanks
Mike

Boudin
02-17-2015, 11:26 PM
I love the Timney I just put in my 200. It was an easy install, and it was easy to adjust exactly the way I wanted it. I HATE any creep at all in a trigger and this dude breaks like an ice sickle. It's a model 631. It adjusts from 1.5-4 lbs I think.

foxx
02-18-2015, 12:07 AM
I have Rifle Basix Sav-1's (good hunting trigger, easy to install and crisp, no over travel or creep) Rifle Basix Sav-2 (no over travel or creep, lighter pull weight, TOUGH to install not worth the price for hunting) and Sharp Shooter Supply Competition Trigger ( second easiest to install, crisp, no over travel or creep. good hunting trigger, too)

So, for hunting, I think it's betwee RB Sav-1 and SSS Comp. I prefer SSS Comp because of the design. It doesn't use the savage sear for the trigger/sear engagement (still uses it, but his design kinda by-passes it for the sear/trigger engagement aspect ) and I like how Jim is therefore able to hone his sear and trigger for clean, crisp break. Also, if for no other reason, I like supporting Fred and Lisa.

nockhunter
02-18-2015, 12:48 AM
I am going to go with either the Timney or Rifle Basics Sav-1. I can get both for about the same price, so that isn't the problem. I was just wondering if there was any real difference between them. They look basicaly the same to me. Maybe the heat treating is different?

Thanks for the info
Mike

DonnyRay
02-20-2015, 03:04 PM
I just ordered a Timney to replace my accu-trigger in a 10FCP.
Supposed to be here today actually.
I'll let you know how it goes.

DonnyRay
02-21-2015, 01:36 AM
Yep....OK.
I gotta go with Boudin on this one. The Timney trigger is sweet!
It took all of about 5 minutes to install.
Setting the adjustments where I liked them took about another 5 minutes, and done.
That's it. Super easy and a really nice trigger.

BobT
02-21-2015, 08:38 PM
I prefer the Rifle Basix SAV-2, very nice trigger, install wasn't too bad and the pull was clean and crisp, outstanding. The Timney and RB SAV-1 are more expensive versions of the old factory Savage 3 screw triggers and not worth the $$ IMHO. I have no experience with the SSS trigger so cannot comment on it.