PDA

View Full Version : Model 16 boyds thumb hole ?

Rancherruss1916
02-17-2015, 12:34 AM
Hi. I am new to the site but I hope you can help. I have a model 16 in 6.5 creedmoor. It has the synthetic stock. I ordered a boyds thumb hole for it. I read the part that I need more parts to make it work but boyds will not get back to me on what I need. Also said to get with brownels but they said ask boyds lol. The rifle fits the stock well but trigger ( plastic) does not, and of course nothing to hold bottom mag in. Has anybody maid this switch? Thanks for any help

Robinhood
02-17-2015, 03:29 AM
Sounds like you need the correct trigger guard and the DBM frame and magazine cap.

Rancherruss1916
02-17-2015, 10:49 AM
Sounds like you need the correct trigger guard and the DBM frame and magazine cap.

Yes that sounds right. Will the DBMS frame and cap replace the clip ? Any idea were I can look up the part numbers. And for what model ? Thanks again

lrshooting
02-28-2015, 08:28 PM
Yes that sounds right. Will the DBMS frame and cap replace the clip ? Any idea were I can look up the part numbers. And for what model ? Thanks again
Did you plan on putting a magazine in like AICS or having it integral? I am doing the switch as well with my M11, and basically the stock requires you buy a DBM for certain model guns. I suggest a PTG or CDI DBM if you are going to use AICS mags, but dont want to pay a ton for higher end DBMs and chassis systems.

Things to think about:
1: Youll have to inlet your stock for the DBM, so either learn how or have someone do it depending on your confidence and current skill level.
2: If you want more consistent accuracy/results, pillar bed and glass bed the action. I am not saying that a good inletting job wouldn't result in adequate accuracy depending on your needs, but I am saying that if you are serious about really making this a gun that is capable of more than just plinking, its something to consider.
3: I honestly would not worry about the brownell/manufacturer thing. They are just saying that is where you can get the parts from, but not the only place. Remember, I am talking about DBMs that require AICS magazines and you can find others that have different options. Here are links to the PTG DBMs. I cant recall if CDI has savage DBM, but a PTG DBM/Magazine combo will run you about 169$ for the set if you dont mind not having the bottom bolt release (Depends on your model, some dont have it and have a side bolt release). I will end up with 168$ in the DBM and another 80 in the magazine, so that gives you an idea for the high end of things considering you likely have the short action if yours is a 16 and not a 116. Here is the link---> http://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=308_129_230

GOOD LUCK!

And for sake of making sure I dont tell you something you need to know or I tell you something that is wrong, make sure you search around. I am going based off my experience. This place is a wealth of knowledge and theres no point in shelling out money to get the wrong things.