PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage 93-17 FV-SR

Pages : 1 [2]

lowyder993s
04-26-2015, 05:27 PM
posted a thread about one in 22hmr the other day. accurate as heck magazines suck. I tried some of my 93-17 mags in it today and they work fine. I called Savage and she is sending me a new mag
for mine

Hey guys...quickly sniffing around here and can't find a post or two regarding savage mags. I bought 10 of the 5 rounders (90001)...not a freaking 1 of them works!!! GRRR...any hacks to get them to work?

rsbenden
04-29-2015, 09:54 PM
Ive got a 93r17 w/a 3x9 bushy on it in a boyd ss evolution stock. Quarter size groups @ 100 yds,5.5 low @ 200. Popped a chuck at 120 through the ear,exactly where I was aiming. Hpoe this helps.....buy one.

J.Baker
05-03-2015, 07:45 AM
Hey guys...quickly sniffing around here and can't find a post or two regarding savage mags. I bought 10 of the 5 rounders (90001)...not a freaking 1 of them works!!! GRRR...any hacks to get them to work?

Rimfire magazines generally have to be tuned a little if purchased separately. The one that comes with the rifle is tuned at the factory. basically you just need to tweak the feed lips a little to get the nose of the bullet to sit at the right height.

bobbyj
05-03-2015, 08:34 AM
I have the factory installed mag and bought two extra 5 round mags and one ten round mag and they all work perfectly. I haven't had to do any adjusting and I rotate them so that they all get the same amount of usage. My only problem with them is their price tag!

I've always made it a practice to buy multiple extra mags when I buy a firearm that uses them. These days, it's gotten a lot more expensive to do this.

Gr8rtst

Fotheringill
05-04-2015, 04:04 PM
I don't know how anyone can recommend a scope without knowing what you are shooting at and at what distance.

OP- Please respond.

GaCop
05-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Rimfire magazines generally have to be tuned a little if purchased separately. The one that comes with the rifle is tuned at the factory. basically you just need to tweak the feed lips a little to get the nose of the bullet to sit at the right height. Good to know, I just picked up a 93R 17 with the wood stock and heavy barrel in a trade.