PDA

View Full Version : Working on the trigger

Poncho
02-16-2015, 03:06 PM
Does anyone sell a lighter trigger spring for Gen 1 striker or do I have to make one like many others
have done ?

snowgetter1
02-18-2015, 02:18 PM
Making one or convert your trigger to a rear grip trigger are about the trigger mod options.

durango
02-22-2015, 04:08 PM
I was able to install a Timney trigger in my Gen 1 striker and get it down to 11oz. It is still a mid grip and I have to admit that I was very nervous about cutting up a $100.+ trigger. This modification can be accomplished without cutting the trigger until you're sure about the decision to cut or not. You will have to replace the two rear most set screws in the Timney and polish the rounded area at the rear of the trigger where the 'roller' contacts it.

Regarding honing and polishing: Any surface in the lever/linkage system must be polished where two surfaces rub or pivot against each other. THE ROLLER: It is my opinion that the 'roller' was designed to not roll and thereby providing rigidity to the linkage system which may tend to avoid binding. I was able to achieve a nicely polished surface on the roller by using a 1/4" wide strip of crocus cloth.

DISCLAIMER: The safety on my Striker is not as I would want for a hunting rig, however, mine is a 6BR used only on the bench and the 11 oz was my goal.

Poncho
02-23-2015, 10:58 PM
OK the trigger work is done - Pulled everything apart and used a drimel tool with a felt polishing wheel and a good compound to clean up (like a mirror) all the contact areas and then made a small adjustment on the trigger spring so now it feels like around 4 lbs or less but haven't officially checked it yet . I have a .308 barrel ordered so the 243 will be swapped out soon and the reloading will begin ! I killed my first deer at the age of 14 with a 300 Savage model 99 and and now at the age of 53 I cant wait to hunt with my new 516 .