PDA

View Full Version : heavy barrel axis stock ????

Gohring3006
02-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Does Savage use a different webbing in the forearm of the heavy barrel Axis? I was reading the stock reinforced thread and mine is a x pattern and his looked like a cross pattern parallel to the recoil lug..

Rosco
02-15-2015, 11:54 PM
It very well may, I have a ton of the sporter barrel stocks and they all have the same cross pattern in the barrel channel.

Can you post a picture?

DrThunder88
02-16-2015, 01:31 AM
I think there was a change sometime after April 2013 where the diamond pattern started appearing. I say that only because I have an Axis from that month with the newer, shorter LOP but with the old, orthogonal ribs. Of course the date of manufacture for the rifle doesn't necessarily correlate with the date of manufacture for the stock, but that's the basis for my estimate.

Gohring3006
02-16-2015, 07:09 AM
It very well may, I have a ton of the sporter barrel stocks and they all have the same cross pattern in the barrel channel.

Can you post a picture?I haven't tried posting pics yet but i will try. I wondered if they did this for the heavy barrel to make it more rigid.

Rosco
02-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Perhaps that particular stock comes exclusively with the heavy barrel. I have had 4 axis rifles all purchased last year most of them later in the year as well as two stocks bought on eBay, and none of them had that pattern.