PDA

View Full Version : Burris XTR 2 5-25x50

Matt52
02-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Im looking at getting a Burris XTR 2 5-25x50 anyone used one? Burris seems to be a good company and the scope has a pretty competitive price and I hear a lot of good things about it. Its either that or a Vortex 6-24 FFP what do you guys think?

FEENIX
02-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Im looking at getting a Burris XTR 2 5-25x50 anyone used one? Burris seems to be a good company and the scope has a pretty competitive price and I hear a lot of good things about it. Its either that or a Vortex 6-24 FFP what do you guys think?

I was looking at the same model last year but ended going with the Veracity line instead. I have the 4-20x50 FFP and I'm very pleased with it thus far. Below is an extract from an optics SME's comment ...

My vote is for the Burris Veracity. Both Burris scopes have substantially higher contrast at the same magnification than the Sightron. I recently tested the Burris XTR2 4-20x50. I liked everything about it except for color fringing on high contrast objects. I noticed this at the last SHOT Show and hoped it was due to the scopes being early production samples. Apparently not, because the XTR scope I tested was of recent production. The Veracity 4-20x50 does not have this issue. The scopes are made in different factories, so even if the optical designs were the same, the scopes could have differences. The Veracity FFP reticle design is very good. Use the reticle to hold over for quick shots under ~600 yds, and dial elevation for longer shots. The reticle has windage holdover marks on the crosshair.

Good luck!

Ed

Old Medic
02-21-2015, 04:52 PM

+1 for the Veracity. I also purchased a 4-20x50. I have been very impressed with it thus far. You can read my thread about it if you want to. The zero-stop works great.

FEENIX
02-21-2015, 11:31 PM
+1 for the Veracity. I also purchased a 4-20x50. I have been very impressed with it thus far. You can read my thread about it if you want to. The zero-stop works great.

Glad to know yours is working out like mine. Cheers!

Ed