PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming

Pages : 1 [2] 3

fgw_in_fla
02-19-2015, 04:03 PM
"I find out which one of you guys sent that cold air down here, we're gonna have words"

Bienvenue

Большое спасибо. Ползучесть.

Love Always,
Comrade Vasilli Frozenutscovich

Robinhood
02-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Большое спасибо. Ползучесть.

Love Always,
Comrade Vasilli Frozenutscovich

Ru Ro :o

fgw_in_fla
02-19-2015, 05:11 PM
I should have know he sent it down here.
He even sent me a video of how he made that cold weather come down here 2 years ago.

I won't give out his secret but I will tell you it involves dancing naked under the first full moon of the year.

I think its still on you tube if you look...

yobuck
02-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Well, it IS Yankee season as I'm sure you know.

One of the happier days in Florida is when all the Yankees head back north with a Canadian under each arm...

Not for everybody Frank. Id like to see all those Canucks and yankees buy a house and hire the locals to maintain and make improvments on it.
I like seeing those private jets flying into the the Vero Beach airport more than i like seeing them fly out.

foxx
02-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Ok... -18* actual temp is NOT cool!

scooterf79
02-20-2015, 08:21 AM
No kiddin! i just got home from work and its -14....coldest its been here in years
Scooter

sixonetonoffun
02-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Wed -15 ish go out to start car to go to work, lights are on no ones home. Apparently the used starter I put I. 3 weeks ago had a heart attack. Call in say can't make it today. Few hours later borrow my dads astro van pick up kid from school, get a few groceries no problems. That evening plug van in sposed to be -20 Thursday.

Thursday get up think van will start like a summer day... lights are on nobody home! Call in not gonna make it today. Starter also fried. Spent most of day messing with van hoping something was loose battery terminals ect... no go. Take starter out of car. Weather +7 and sunny.

Get up this am snowy and windy +9 call in am waiting for a ride to get new starter for car. Am scheduled to work next 4 days assuming I still have said job. Just started the 1st!!

scooterf79
02-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Wow! That sux! Lol....we must be related because if it can happen it will happen to me.....geez!
Scooter

sixonetonoffun
02-20-2015, 11:53 AM
I hear ya there! Sometimes I just make bad choices ie... freebie used starter vs 64.11 for new. Seemed to make sense after a couple rebuilds that only lasted past the warranty.

New not rebuilt bought and in by 9am! Feeling a nap coming on!

sixonetonoffun
02-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Weather still sux!

scooterf79
02-20-2015, 12:12 PM
I used to work at a garage in high school and while I was in college, seems the elec reman stuff was always kicking the bucket shortly after install.
Scooter

fgw_in_fla
02-20-2015, 01:23 PM
I feel for you guys in that part of the country where global warming is the worst. Reminds me of my younger days living in NY.

Haven't looked back since '79.

Although, with the water in the bird bath froze solid this morning due to temperature of 31 this morning, I won't be doing much outside stuff. Maybe I'll just hang around in the ammo room & clean brass or something until nap time arrives...

Hallbilly
02-23-2015, 04:09 AM
85F today, this morning I had a swim in the local river and then filled a bucket with wild blackberries, now my guts are giving me grief. LOL

sixonetonoffun
02-23-2015, 08:30 AM
A beautiful -17 morning here today. Steadily warming and might make it to +20's late afternoon. Tuesday's shaping up to be a nice one then back to global warming effects cold and windy for a while.

scooterf79
02-24-2015, 06:58 AM
Is there anyway we can ban fgw and hallbilly from posting about how warm their weather is lol.
Sixone , we had a balmy 17 above yesterday am, now weve got 5 above now. May get above freezing today! Lol
Scooter

shooterfpga
02-24-2015, 07:00 AM
Back home in texas i hear its in the 60s. Here at my duty station its just warming up to the 18s and 20s finally. Snow still on the ground.

scope eye
02-24-2015, 08:13 AM
I was reading there is snow on the ground in 48 of the 50 states, it is -15 not counting the wind chill, I am as tough as they come but I don't know how many more years I can take of this, or even want to put up with this, mark my words they can be counted on one hand.

Dean

scooterf79
02-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Dean, you all have been hammered up there haven't ya? Weve not been bad this winter till a few weeks ago. Last winter was a rough one though.
Scooter

yobuck
02-24-2015, 09:42 AM
I was reading there is snow on the ground in 48 of the 50 states, it is -15 not counting the wind chill, I am as tough as they come but I don't know how many more years I can take of this, or even want to put up with this, mark my words they can be counted on one hand.

Dean

The PA dutch are famous for their expressions, and one of the better ones is,
(ve get too soon old und too late smart) lol

scope eye
02-27-2015, 08:56 AM
This is what my Day consisted of yesterday, I shoveled the drive way and the back deck, then I looked at the roof and saw how much snow was up there, so the front of the houses roof I had to shovel it down onto the drive way, and the back of the houses roof I had to shovel it onto the back deck, then I had to re shovel the drive way and re shovel the deck, someone please kill me now,

Dean