PDA

View Full Version : 110 trigger with wide shoe

renn
02-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Anyone have experience with some aftermarket triggers that have a wide trigger shoe? I have a Rem 40x rimfire from the CMP and like that type of wide trigger. I tried to get images of some aftermarket triggers but they don't show the trigger shoe that well.

noname
02-13-2015, 12:33 PM
make up something and epoxy it on...simple..

flyingfrog509
02-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Could always use one from a paintball gun, some of them can be screwed on so you don't have to modify your stock to get the action out. Just one example - http://www.baccipaintball.com/parts/trigger-shoes.html

scpaul
04-21-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure where/when I saw it, but somebody makes or used to make a shoe that fitted over the trigger and was secured by set screws put in from the side. I think I'd still use a couple of small dabs of contact cement or something similar between the 2 pieces. Maybe even drill some small shallow divits to seat the set screws into. Wish I could remember when/where, sorry. Paul

I just noticed the date, maybe it will help somebody.

Mach2
04-21-2015, 11:24 PM
The premise behind a wide trigger is that it spreads out the trigger pull weight on your finger giving the feel of a lighter pull. Ive never tried them. I just shoot what the trigger came as.

jonbearman
04-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Check champions supply or whatever the actual name it is. Anyways I believe they still sell shoes. I probably have one laying around but it would be quicker to check the supply houses like brownells first etc to see if any one still stocks them.

LHitchcox
04-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Tyler still markets them.

http://www.t-grips.com/MiscellaneousSR.html

Mach2
04-23-2015, 04:38 PM
I've never used a trigger shoe.
Does anybody in here like them? Just curious.
Mostly I've seen them on 22LR match pistols that have the super low pull. They looked more like a psychological
edge than anything but when the pull is only 4 ozs psychology may come in to play since you don't pull the trigger you just think about pulling it and it goes off..