PDA

View Full Version : Help finding scope base

bushwackr
02-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Hi. I'm trying to find a picatinny rail silver in color for a flat back 116 with 10moa built in. Are they out there I can't find anything.

bushwackr
02-12-2015, 10:51 PM
An extended front base would be great

fgw_in_fla
02-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Good luck.
I searched the galaxy for a couple bases for an old 110 flat back I have. I ended up going with a rail from EGW. Give them a call. Maybe they can hook you up. They make a good quality rail even though I really don't care for a scope rail on my 110's. It covers the receiver opening & makes it difficult to load ammo in the magazine.
It's probably a combination of the rail and having fat fingers.

bushwackr
02-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Hmm ok I will have to give them shout. I suppose my sausage fingers would have issues with a ultra and the rail

SparkyLB
02-13-2015, 01:31 AM
I'm glad to have read this. I've been scouring as well, I'm nearing completion on an older 116 LA, LH with a flat back receiver and never considered the potential issue having only top access to the magazine. The original scope bases are Savage (I think--the rifle is probably 15 years old or more), two piece; and I thought I'd go for better accuracy with a one piece, now that I've changed the barrel and caliber. I might have to stay with the 2 piece setup.

LanceS4803
02-13-2015, 02:18 AM
It's a tight fit, but my 1-piece EGW base works well on my rifle.
I use it for hunting, not competition, so fast reloads are not an issue.

fgw_in_fla
02-13-2015, 06:45 AM
It became a trade off for me.
The rail makes it a little difficult to push the cartridges down into the mag but on the plus side, a rail allowed me to move the scope back another inch. Without the rail I had to look thru the scope with the end of the bolt in my nostril.
Eye relief on the Vortex scopes is a little short.

huntin1
02-13-2015, 10:40 AM
It won't be cheap but Ken Farrell will make you a base to your specifications. If I recall, right around $200, but, you'll get exactly what you want.

http://www.kenfarrell.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=10

Huntin1