PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 fcp? Stock options

Fok11
02-11-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm having trouble finding stock options for my model 10 (fcp I think). So far I have only found one stock that I think I can make work; which is the choate 25-06-01

My model 10 features:
4.4" action screw spacing
bottom bolt release
detatchable mag with front mag release
short action .308
varmint fluted barrel (stock)
mag well is not molded into stock, it is removeable
is not in an accustock

I rather a wood laminate and wanted a Boyd's but I don't think they have any that I could make work, atleast that's what I told when I called today

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

Hotolds442
02-12-2015, 07:31 AM
I just received a Boyd's Pro Varmint similar to that configuration. The only thing I have to do, besides pillars, is open up the barrel channel to the varmint weight barrel. Heavy barrel contour was not an option. I believe you need to look at Boyds stocks for the Model 11, 12, or 14 though, in order to find bottom bolt release versions of the stock. I selected mine as a Model 11. Also, if you go with a custom color option of that particular stock, you get a more durable model that you can always paint black.

Fok11
02-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the info!
What makes the custom color option more durable than the regular textured black? The only difference should be one is stained and the other is painted? Am I missing something?