PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket recoil lugs

Bigeclipse
02-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Just checking here to see if there are recoil lugs I should be looking at specifically for my wife's build or ones to avoid. This is by no means a long ranger shooter but I'm buying parts geared towards that just in case this action is ever used for that purpose. The current build is a 7mm-08 with a Sporter stainless barrel. I have noticed many brands are constantly out of stock but the one on mcgoeens site is typically available. Also...does it matter which thickness to go with. This is not a magnum rifle but may one day become one so I'm leaning towards buying one towards the thicker spectrum.
Also...if anyone has any they would like to sell let me know. It is for a small shank.

J.Baker
02-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Stick with the recoil lugs from SSS or Jim Briggs. Based on what some have posted here the quality and flatness leaves something to be desired with the Gun Shack lugs. Gun Shack's p/n is still RL-SSS leading people to believe they're getting an SSS recoil lug, but they are not SSS lugs (verified with Fred and Lisa at SSS) and haven't been for quite awhile now.

Robinhood
02-10-2015, 01:24 PM
I have at least 6 with the SSS lugs, nice pieces. I have two PT&G that are nice as well. The Gun Shack models I acquired where too long and had have to have about .150" removed from the bottom to fit in a factory stock, most any stock actually.

Bigeclipse
02-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Stick with the recoil lugs from SSS or Jim Briggs. Based on what some have posted here the quality and flatness leaves something to be desired with the Gun Shack lugs. Gun Shack's p/n is still RL-SSS leading people to believe they're getting an SSS recoil lug, but they are not SSS lugs (verified with Fred and Lisa at SSS) and haven't been for quite awhile now.
The recoil lug sold from mcgowens states it is an SSS. Do you know if that is the case?

J.Baker
02-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Last I checked, yes.

ironworkerwill
02-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Based on what some have posted here the quality and flatness leaves something to be desired with the Gun Shack lugs. Gun Shack's p/n is still RL-SSS leading people to believe they're getting an SSS recoil lug, but they are not SSS lugs (verified with Fred and Lisa at SSS) and haven't been for quite awhile now. Indeed! That was my case.