PDA

View Full Version : New Member older Model 110

FriscoTx
05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi guys;
This is my 2nd post. The 1st was a pm to Mad Dog for rifle age info, so much of this will be repetitive to him.
Today I dropped by a local pawn shop to get their FFL info for the purchase of a rifle online. They had a rack of used rifles which included the one below. It is a Savage model 110 without accu trigger. Looks to be in good condition with very nice wood stock (which probvably means it hasn't been in the woods often) and only a little pitting on the outside of the end of the barrel. The rifling looked ok from what I could tell. It has a Bushnell 4X12 Banner Scope. They threw in a case and a kinda very used sling. Out the door for $350.00. That's about half of what I intended to pay for a new hog/white tail rig so I jumped on it. Did I do all right?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/TxPhantom_2006/Savage11030-0605-06-2010002.jpg

Eric in NC
05-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Looks good - if the scope is in good shape you got a pretty good deal.

As to whether it is a good hog/whitetail rifle - that depends on the chambering. What is it?

FriscoTx
05-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention it is a 30-06.
The scope seems to be ok. It is a inexpensive scope, as scopes go, but it got good revues when I checked reviews at Cabela's. I bore sighted it with a Laser Lyte. If I had bought a new scope my choice would have been a Redfield 3X9-50 but this scope came with the gun, so what the heck. I'll know more next week when I can sight it in at the range. It is pretty! If it shoots as good as it looks I'll be very happy!
My real question is when did they start producing the 110 with the Accu-Trigger. Maybe that will give me some clue as to it's age since mine doesn't have one.