PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Boyd stock on Mark 2 FV-SR

jworason
02-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and have recently purchased the Mark 2 FV-SR and am looking to put a Boyd thumbhole on it. I have searched the forum for Boyd stock questions/info on the Mark 2. I saw where there was a list of parts you need to purchase to make the Boyd stock work. However, when I go to the Boyd page on this forum they are indicating that they are now including all the necessary parts for the "Axis", trigger guard and so on. Has anyone purchased a new Boyd for the Mark 2 recently and does it have everything for a clean swap? I installed a Boyd on my Marlin Camp 9 and had to do a lot of filing and sanding to get it to work, all good cause it was a labor of love. So was wondering how they fit on the Mark 2.

Mozella
02-10-2015, 08:13 AM
I don't know what is included in an Axis kit, but I recently bought a Boyd Barracuda for my Savage MKII FV .22. Since my weapon came with a plastic stock and a built in trigger guard, had to purchase one. Plus I wanted the heaver bottom magazine plate. I ordered both of them from a separate company, not from Boyd. But, if I remember correctly, the extra hardware was available from Boyd as an add-on option. It it's not clear on their web site, I'd give them a call to be sure you know what you're getting.

I will say I am very satisfied with the quality of the Boyd stock, especially considering the relatively low price. It truly was a drop-in stock swap.

J.Baker
02-10-2015, 10:26 AM
The reason Boyds includes a trigger guard and such with the Axis stocks is because of the design of the factory Axis stock. There is no usable factory trigger guard for this gun, thus they had to create and supply something suitable with the gun.

In terms of the rimfires, only the guns that came from the factory with the synthetic stock need a new trigger guard and assorted hardware, thus it wouldn't be cost-effective to supply it with every stock sold as half or more of the people wouldn't need said parts when replacing a factory wood stock. This is why you have to purchase them separately.

aslap
02-25-2015, 06:01 PM
I've had mine for about a year and I had to order the trigger guard and I wound up getting the DIP piece for around the magazine. I got the thumbhole stock and it couldn't have taken 5 minutes to make the swap. Barrel floats and all A-OK.

Tony