PDA

View Full Version : My 7mm Rem Mag build

Pages : 1 [2]

Model12BVSS
04-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Nice build... I really like the stainless on black contrast too; adds some pop and flash. How do you like the Vortex PST? Looking at picking one up for my latest build and on the fence... have heard great things and horrible things

Thank you much. Yeah I was surprised how much I like the contrast, I won't be changing anything until it needs a new barrel. I love my PST's, personally. This particular 4-16 that's on this rifle came off my model 12, it's 2-3 years old and was made back when Vortex was having some clarity issues with the 4-16 models, it looks perfect til about 12x then it starts getting a little rough. I only really noticed it after I purchased a new 6-24 PST for my model 12. They have since fixed this problem. Being an FFP scope I tend to park it on 10-12x anyway unless I'm measuring with the reticle. I did have an issue with the reticle twisting when turning the mag ring and the warranty service I received was second to none. They sent me extra zero stop shims, batteries, and a new sunshade as well as going over the entire scope and fixing the reticle issue. Had it back in less than a week. With all that said, my new 6-24 that's on my model 12 is amazing. It's crystal clear all the way to 24x and I have zero complaints with it so far. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one.