PDA

View Full Version : Richard's Microfit Question (Short action)

Tarheelpwr
02-07-2015, 11:38 PM
I emailed asking if they offer both 4.27 and 4.4 action spacing. They replied that their inlet will work for both. The front is cut oval that you finish. Can anyone explain this better to me. If I have a 4.4 spaced action, will I have multiple holes in the front? Pics would be awesome!

Chris

clintsrv
02-08-2015, 05:27 PM
The oval is cut to allow a pillar to be installed for the action choice. Hogue stocks do this also. They however supply a specially designed pillar that is oval and has the hole drilled to one side to allow use with both actions. You would simply reverse the pillar.

With the Microfit there would be only one hole up front. Just enlarged in an oval shape. Your bedding compound would fill in around the pillar. I ordered a Microfit once and it didn't even have the front hole drilled. It was a very nice stock just too much work still to be done. I estimated close to 6-10 hrs of sanding and shaping. Expect to spend some time on it.

Tarheelpwr
02-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the info. I realize it's lots of work. It's for a lightweight build, so I plan on taking off a lot of material.

clintsrv
02-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Which style you going with?
I ordered the Wolverine and it looked awesome. They have a lot of nice patterns.

Tarheelpwr
02-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Prob a dual grip when I get around to it. That will let me open up the TH for weight and still access the safety.