PDA

View Full Version : New 2015 Model 10FCP-SR

greyghost
02-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Does anyone have one of these in a 20" and if so how does it shoot, Is the magazine a problem and if so did Savage replace it with one that works, Or is there an aftermarket that work better. When did you get yours as I cant find any around here, Have one on order but have no idea whether it will be a couple of weeks or 3 mo. The last gun I ordered took 6 mo to get. Appreciate any insight on this.

J.Baker
02-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Try looking over the list of existing threads next time before you post - this one's been near the top of the last week or so...

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?40964-Beware-10FCP-SR-has-been-changed

greyghost
02-08-2015, 12:07 AM
I did a search,Well read all 11 pages again 10 of witch were just guys complaining against old vs new, No real insight as to how the rifle shoots well maybe 1 or 2, Only 1 guy received a new mag and it worked better, Most of it was not what I was asking that is why I asked specific questions, But thanks anyway, I do know what air brush to get etc, I do know the old was the best, I do know what SEARCH means, These 11 pages did nothing to answer my question
Would you know if buying this rifle was a good or bad decision, If having to order about how long wait time would be, I know not to buy a different rifle from Cabelas and then complain when its not a the right rifle, Or how well it performs based on these 11 pages?
Sorry I did not come to a conclusion based on the information at hand. I will ponder on this and try to ask my questions in a more sophisticated way. My apologies , I was looking for more of a review of this particular rifle. Not the old one, Not the wrong one, I will figure it out. Thanks!

acridsaint
02-08-2015, 12:22 AM
I'm the one who received the new mag. Mine is the new model with the 20" barrel, so the same as the one you're getting. Shoots sub-moa, as far as I could tell with the rounds I put through it. Not that many through it overall, so I won't know just yet if it was just good luck. I will have the new scope on it next week and hit the range on the weekend.

Mine took about a week to come in from TSS Warehouse in Utah. They had both of them in stock and a pretty good price. It's my first and only experience with them, but it was more than adequate. They shipped very fast and changed my order for me over the phone when I realized that I had accidentally bought the 24" version. If yours was ordered from Savage, I don't have any clue how long it would take.

acridsaint
02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Also, if you just ordered it this month, go get your hundred bucks back from Savage:
http://www.savagearms.com/promotions/

That makes it a much better deal. I bought mine between the $75 rebate and this one, so I got nothing. Woe is me.

Twinsen
02-08-2015, 07:56 PM
I think if I put my mind into it and reload for it, I can get it to shoot MOA based on how it shoots other ammunition I've had on hand. It shoots to 2-2.5 times the group size of my FN SPR but is at least two pounds lighter. Maybe up to 4 pounds lighter. I'd have to put them on a scale.

I shot a few hundred PPU M80 through both rifles and can give you the results. Maybe only 2-300 through the Savage.

FN SPR - 24" non-fluted barrel, threaded by a gunsmith, bedded in the factory McMillan, AAC Cyclone
2015 Savage 10 FCP-SR - 20" fluted barrel, factory threaded, AAC Cyclone, Accurate Mag DBM
DSA STG-58 - 21" (22"?) barrel with silver soldered muzzle brake, not free floated, big stupid bipod attached to the barrel

Maximum Group Size Chart
FN SPR
Savage
FAL

PPU M80**
0.6"
1.5"
2.2"

Hornady TAP (168 A-Max)
0.3"
1.2"
X

150gr E-Tip handloads (win 748)*
0.8"
X
2.0"

150gr SST handloads (win 748)*
0.8"
X
2.0"

Atomic Match (168 SMK)
0.4"
1.1"
2.0"

175gr SMK handloads (win 748)
0.75"
1.1"
2.0"

150gr SST starting load
2.0"
2.5"
3.75"

150gr E-Tip starting load
1.5"
X
3.0"

*These shoot to within 0.1 MIL of each other at 100 yards which is fantastic for me.
**I originally tested these at 24x magnification at 100 yards and thought the rifle didn't like the ammo. But it was me. I've since tested hundreds of rounds and giggled. They shoot better than my reloads and that does frustrate me. But the BC is low.

The FAL group sizes were usually not measured with calipers. I have the PPU M80 because out of 10 or so kinds tested, it is the most accurate out of that rifle. I can't get the rifle to shoot better than 2 inches with anything so I figure that's the best it has to offer.

greyghost
02-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Thanks very much, I will look forward to getting mine, I ordered from LGS who deals with Lipsey so when is the question, Again Thank you it sounds like I will like it. Hope to hear review from acridsaint.