PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket stock for LRPV

potatohead
05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Just like it says. I've contacted SSS but not Stockade. Was wanting a fiberglass one with an aluminum bedding block. I know McMillan has what I'm wanting but wow can they get expensive! Thanks much, this is my first post and I'm sure to have more! Just bought my second Savage and ordered the parts for the third but need a stock. I am looking to use this new rig off bags and bipod. It will not be a carry gun.

Thanks again in advance!

dcloco
05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I have a spare HS Precision. Northlander sells them also.

potatohead
05-15-2010, 01:04 AM
PM sent

pdog06
05-18-2010, 12:25 PM
The HS Precision(factory lrpv stock) like dcloco has is a very nice stock, and is nice to use with a bipod.
The Stockade PD/Tactical are very nice also.

Another option that is a bit cheaper is to buy a B&C Medalist for a centerfeed short action. The only difference is you cant use the middle screw of the target action unless you bed in a third pillar into the stock. A couple of us have used these stocks for a target action and they fit perfect, and alot of people say the middle action screw isnt needed on a target action anyway. The front and rear action screw spacing on a target action 4.400", the same as the centerfeed short action.