PDA

View Full Version : Good price on a gun save at Home Depot today only 2/6/2015! - Free delivery

thomae
02-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Putting this out there to let folks know of a good deal:

I know they don't advertise on this site, but I get daily emails with a "daily special" from Home Depot.

Today's special is a Buffalo brand 32-gun safe for only $789 - and that includes shipping to your home.

Per forum rules, I won't post the link, but if you do a google search for "Home Depot Buffalo Gunsafe 205073256" you should be able to find it.

It may not be the be-all and end-all of gun safes, but if you don't have one and you need one (don't we all?) it is a very good price, as far as I can tell.

tufrthnails
02-06-2015, 01:10 PM
that is a good deal. Thanks now where to come up with the cheese!

DrThunder88
02-06-2015, 02:17 PM
Dang it, I can afford it; I just don't have a place to put it!

tufrthnails
02-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Buy it and send it to my house you can get it when you get a new place with space. :biggrin-new:

scooterf79
02-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Ill help out too, ill keep it for ya ;)
Scooter
Seriously though, that's a good deal

teele1
02-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Not to offend the OP or anyone else but... only 14 gauge body and door "will keep rifles and pistols secure behind a 14-gauge steel door and body. " might keep your kids out but I'm not putting my GOOD firearms in this this will really open your eyes on safes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8

J.Baker
02-07-2015, 01:04 PM
You know by default that since it's a big-box store it's going to be imported. I still think for the money you'd be hard pressed to beat the Winchester 24 gun safe being sold at TSC, Costco, etc. for around $650-700. Still not heavy gauge steel, but at least it's 12-gauge (pretty much the standard for cheaper safes) and they have locking bolts on all 4 sides of the door. Fire rating could be better, but 30 minutes @ 1400 degrees is better than nothing.

Rick_W
02-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Not to offend the OP or anyone else but... only 14 gauge body and door "will keep rifles and pistols secure behind a 14-gauge steel door and body. " might keep your kids out but I'm not putting my GOOD firearms in this this will really open your eyes on safes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8

I wish I could afford to put a Schmidt & Bender scope on every rifle I own, but I can't...

Same goes for safes. It may not be the best, but it's better than nothing for someone that can't afford something better at this time.

Unlike optics where you can wait a little while longer to buy the best, I believe it's better to have a deterrent now - than nothing.

J.Baker
02-08-2015, 06:15 PM
I have always looked at it this way: Buy the best you can afford in the size you need. For some that might be a cheap $400 Stack-On 10-gun safe, for others it might be a $3,000 Browning 30+gun safe. As Rick said, anything is better than nothing and even a cheap safe will make a crook have to work a lot harder for his payday meaning more noise and more time on scene - both of which greatly increase their chances of getting caught in the act.