PDA

View Full Version : Hog Hunter Base

grnmtnboys
02-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Howdy,

Hope I'm posting in the right section; my apologies if not.

Happened to pick up a Hog Hunter (.308) from the LGS recently, and had them order me up a one piece picatinny rail from Weaver so I would be able to throw a 2.5 fixed scope that I have laying around on it.

Anyways, received the rail, and unfortunately the torx screws are too large, or I should say the diameter of the screws is larger than the mounting holes. The package says that it is for a Savage 10 S/A Accutrigger, and I'm just wondering if I was sold the right mount?

Thanks in advance.. looking forward to getting her set up, but the iron sights have been fun as well.

Hotolds442
02-03-2015, 04:35 PM
You did remove the plugs from the holes in the top of the action, correct?
If so, then I'd say you got "screwed".
A trip to your local hardware store could probably yield the correct screws, not having a Weaver base, I couldn't tell you what the correct size would be though.

grnmtnboys
02-03-2015, 04:43 PM
I was actually wondering if that was the case... and no, I haven't.

Stupid question now is, how do I remove them?

Best thing about forums is the ability to be ignorant in the comfort of ones home; way better than making a fool of myself back at the store. Thanks again.

ah, 1/16 Allen Key... got it.

Hotolds442
02-03-2015, 04:50 PM
They come out with an Allen wrench.

kkeene
02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Keep those little screw plugs. If you ever decide to remove the front and rear iron sights these plugs can be used to fill those holes.