PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Shooter Supply?

AveragEd
02-02-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the current state of this vendor. I have been trying to contact them with no luck for months but emails go unanswered. I even tried USPS Certified Mail and received the signed receipt back but that's all. Their website has nothing on it about the company being closed for any reason.

My concern is not urgent but I would just like some sort of reply. I bought a single-shot adapter from them for my 12BVSS in 6.5-284 Norma, which is a long-action rifle regardless of its short-action model number, but the part sent was for a short action. Back in November, Lisa Moreo advised me she and Fred were "working on it" but that's the last I heard from them. The part has been returned and USPS tracking shows it was delivered.

They seemed like really nice folks so I find it odd that this is happening. Thanks for any insight.

Ed

bootsmcguire
02-02-2015, 11:43 PM
SSS is a vendor that is in really high demand for their products and services. It is just Fred and Lisa so they are swamped with correspondence from current and prospective customers. Most folks have trouble reaching them, although months seems like a long time even for them. Their goods and services are worth the wait, if you can wait. Maybe Fred will see this post and be able to help.

GaCop
02-03-2015, 08:54 AM
It's hard to get a hold of them because their FAX line is also their phone number. Odd that even e-mails go unanswered.

jbjh
02-03-2015, 01:20 PM
IIRC there was a family illness at the end of last year. You might try PMing him here on the forum

GeoBoy
02-03-2015, 04:24 PM
I recently sent a e-mail to Lisa about bolt work, she responded once but I never heard back after that. Being new to bolt action rifles I have several questions and I think that they are too busy with their customers to spent time answering my rookie questions. That doesn't make them bad people, they are just very busy.

AveragEd
02-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Well, as someone who spent his working life in the customer service field, I can attest that poor communication skills are one of the best ways to address that problem of being "too busy." Two other members of my gun club who are Savage owners told me that they considered SSS a terrific source of parts and services but stopped dealing with them because of perceived poor customer service skills. And if a customer perceives that something is a problem, that makes it real to him/her. Fortunately, the part in question is only about a twenty dollar item so I'm not out much if I never hear back but it's a hell of a way to do business. I really thought that someone going to the trouble of writing a letter that was far from being a "nastygram" and sending it using certified mail would get their attention - it sure would for me!

Ed

Firefighter
02-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Save yourself the endless e-mails, telephone calls, answering machine messages, headaches, very long waits for goods. Many other vendors that will do real business with you, help you, supply you, etc., in a very reasonable time frame. Too many of us have been there done that with SSS. It has proven its self out over the last years. Its very sad actually, that a business is being ran like that.

hothead
02-03-2015, 07:10 PM
I emailed them about a week ago. got answered same day. I replied and it got answered the next day.
I'm sending barreled action in for work. Hope they live up to there promise. I should really do it my self
but I want to see what all they do for a true and time job.
hh

J.Baker
02-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Question asked and answered, lets not turn this into yet another "My 2-cents..." thread about SSS that will get closed/removed.

AveragEd
02-03-2015, 07:55 PM
From that last post, it seems apparent that there is a trend... Anyone have another suggestion for a vendor I could contact?

Ed

jbjh
02-04-2015, 01:12 PM
From that last post, it seems apparent that there is a trend... Anyone have another suggestion for a vendor I could contact?

Ed

Jim at NSS. Telephone only.

AveragEd
02-04-2015, 05:56 PM
And that telephone number is...? Google doesn't know any "NSS" in the Savage parts business.

Ed

J.Baker
02-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Click the HOME button at the top of the page and you'll find a big blue banner on the right side, or look in the Vendors section for Northland Shooters Supply (NSS)

jbjh
02-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Sorry. Here is the link

http://northlandshooterssupply.com/

And that telephone number is...? Google doesn't know any "NSS" in the Savage parts business.

Ed

Robinhood
02-04-2015, 06:01 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Northland+shooters+supply

Firefighter
02-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Jim and his wife at Northland, they run a class act business and gets mine always, they are so nice!!!

AveragEd
02-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys!

Ed

AveragEd
02-05-2015, 03:13 PM
For what it's worth, Jim advises that they do not offer a single-shot adapter but steered me in the direction of Brownell's. They offer one but it is on back-order right now. My next step is to contact the part's manufacturer.

Ed

Just had time to check with High Score, the maker of the adapter sold by Brownell's. They do not make one that works with Savage's centerfeed magazines so I guess I'm at the mercy of SSS.

Ed