PDA

View Full Version : Stock for Target Action

kmartin
02-02-2015, 09:21 PM
I finally got my savage target action ordered. My goal is to build a long range rifle in a tactical/sniper style stock. I don't want to spend a grand on a stock so can you help me find a stock to suit my purposes?

I like adjustable cheek but that a high cost i can work arround. Will be used off of bench and ground

Mcmillian A5 is essentially what i want but 673$ is to much.
The choat is ok and has an aluminum bed block but weighs a ton
Manners MCS-T1 or GAT is nice but not sure about much else and cost is $550
Boyds has a bunch from what i have read but nothing for savage target action

Anyone got an idea for me?

maxl
02-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Buy once cry once, get the one you know you will like. If you need to take a little extra time on the build to save up for it then do so. Sounds too me you want the mcmillan, if you buy something else are you really going to be happy. Ask me how I know this.

Idaho-45
02-03-2015, 12:51 PM
kmartin, in the past I've seen HS Precision stocks offered at Stockys Stocks, for the Target actions. The HS P stocks offer the aluminum bedding blocks, & aren't terribly heavy. For a cheekrest, I have several from Triad Tactical, that are the strap on style. They have extra pads that can be used for height adjustment, also some have pouches on the side to store ammo, or accessories in , but, I prefer the "Slick Side" with nothing extra on the sides. And, I think they are very comfortable to use! Good luck with your search! Idaho-45