PDA

View Full Version : Help with B&C stock and 11VT

RentonXD1
02-02-2015, 04:42 PM
I have a model 11VT chambered in 223. It originally comes with a DBM but I have since purchased a B&C medalist stock with a Blind mag. Now I took apart my stock magazine and am only using the box and follower. I also have the "L" bracket to keep the box secured in the stock. Now my problem is that when I insert the bolt it drags on the lips of the magazine and is marking up the bolt and very hard to cycle. The box and follower are as far as I can tell all the way fitted into the stock as can be. I've applied pressure to the lips and will not seat any further down. Not really sure what else my options are or if any of you have encountered this same issue. Any help would be much appreciated. I've been having issues since I bought the stock for my rifle. My other issue was finding action screws but I finally got that taken care off.

Mike.

jonbearman
02-02-2015, 05:44 PM
I would call bell& Carlson and ask them if the stock is molded right. I am assuming it is a centerfeed. You would have to inlet the clip hanger deeper into the stock a little at a time to get it in the right position. If the clip body is touching the bottom of the stock as well then that will have to be inletted deeper. Your stock should be a drop in. Call them with the problem and you may have to send it back and have them fix it.

Tokimini
02-04-2015, 03:35 PM
I had to do a fair amount of modification with a Dremel to get a B & C Medalist to mate properly with my model 12. It was by no means a drop in stock, but after I got it fitted I'm very pleased with it.