PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111 trigger question

lopeha
02-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Have one with serial number G060398, non-accutrigger. Is the trigger a good candidate for doing some polishing & mods too or would a Timney or Rifle Basix be a better choice. Wanted to go with a SSS, but they won't answer emails or PM's. Any help/info will be greatly appreciated, Andy.

Also will Savage sell me a jewelled bare bolt my 111?

Hotolds442
02-02-2015, 01:14 PM
There aren't any really bad choices, all you've mentioned can be fine triggers. Be persistent contacting SSS, the one I have from them is top notch.

lopeha
02-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Well, it's been 2 weeks since my first email. I don't feel a customer should have to wait that long to patronize a business.

olddav
02-02-2015, 01:46 PM
If your in any kind of hurry, buy either the RifleBasix (SAV-1) or Timney. Both are good triggers and suitable for hunting. You can also work the factory trigger and make it quite crisp and clean (2.5 lb range), again quite suitable for hunting. If how ever you want to install a target trigger RifleBasix has a target model (SAV-2) is readly avilable. It is a bit of a pain to install and set up but IMOP is worth the effort.

lopeha
02-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info olddav. Is there a link to modify the stock trigger?

olddav
02-02-2015, 04:02 PM
I hate to do this to you, but perform a search. It's on here somewhere. Which trigger do. you have? Does it have a wire spring (runs horizontally) or a coil sprng?

lopeha
02-02-2015, 05:21 PM
I drive a truck so have limited access. Pretty sure I have the spring wire. Will look it up when I get home. It's non accutrigger

jonbearman
02-02-2015, 05:39 PM
If it is a g receiver you should have a 3 screw trigger which can be safely adjusted to 3 pounds or slightly less. If you are not mechanical start watching you tube video's and on our home page there are articles about triggers. The most touchy part is getting the sear engagement just right so it wont go off when bounced on the floor or pulled accidently. The other adjustment to me that is touchy is the safety adjustment which you have to tension so you have resistance when engaging the safety otherwise if you don't do it right you can still squeeze the trigger hard enough to set it off.

olddav
02-03-2015, 06:34 PM
lopeha,

I entered "Savage wire spring trigger" in my web browsers search engine and found some good info on trigger mods. One used a section of wire from "buzz bait" to lighten trigger weight (tried it myself). Anyway I too encourage you to read everything you can find on Savage trigger work and watch lots of videos too or one plus on what jonbearman said.

lopeha
02-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Thanks to all for the info. Lisa from SSS contacted me & I am on the waiting list for when they get their production run ready to go.