PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Boyd stock question (concerning length of pull)

cracked1
02-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Hello all... I'm new to the forum (obviously) and I'll start out by thanking everyone for the info I've already learned.

I have a 111 7mm Rem Mag that I'm thinking about replacing the stock on. I see that Boyd's has a LOP of 13 3/4" and a 1/2" recoil pad. I want a LOP of 13 1/2" and a 1" pad. So, when I select those options on their site do they automatically take into account the extra 1/2" when cutting for LOP or do I need to order it as 13" to get my overall 13 1/2"?

Thank you!

Saghi
02-02-2015, 12:10 AM
I would also like to know. Have never ordered Boyd's before.

olddav
02-02-2015, 12:32 AM
Please forgive me but have you asked Boyd's?

Saghi
02-02-2015, 12:43 AM
I haven't. But I did just read a thread about how horrible they are at communicating, returning phone calls, and emails. Plus it's Sunday night and you guys know everything.

FW Conch
02-02-2015, 01:42 PM
As you can see from the website, Boyds got very busy over the holiday season and is doing their best to catch up. With what you want to do I think it is best that you communicate with them to be sure your order is correct and you get what you want.

I don't think there is a stock on the market right now that offers as much for as reasonable a price. A little patience could save you as much as $150 over the next best equivilant.

JMHO, Good Luck ... Jim

Bigeclipse
02-02-2015, 08:53 PM
I agree with the above but from how I read their guidance it looks like they take into account the recoil pad you select and that's why they state for the super short length of pulls that only a 1/2 inch recoil pad works. Length of pull is always measured from recoil pad to trigger and I am sure they know that. Again I'd give them a call tomorrow to verify.

cracked1
02-03-2015, 08:44 PM
I'll give them a call shortly. I just hoped that since they're so busy right now and so many people here have ordered from them that someone would have a quick answer on it. I'm assuming that they take into account the extra 1/2", but you know what happens when you assume... :p

Thanks again everyone for all the info here! When I get an answer from them I will update this post.