PDA

View Full Version : Death of the Savage 110 Used & Take-off Parts Market

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

J.Baker
02-10-2015, 01:45 AM
LH specific parts usually don't last long as they're few and far between and there are quite a few of us lefties around here. I do have a few LH parts I'll be posting in a few weeks or so, and might be parting out a LH rifle or two, so keep your eyes pealed!

Appleseed
02-17-2015, 10:24 AM
After shooting an axis, I will pay more for a used 10/12 anytime, maybe even another new one. I noticed about a year or more ago how much interest there was in the AR platform on this site too, and I finally slipped and added one along with a .22wmr CZ. And both are fun to pull the trigger. Maybe the AR platform is in the up-swing for a while and eating up the bolt gun build market?

All my extra Savage parts got sold here; and rarely do you read any bad comments about fellow members' sales! I think that is because this is a paid site, we can pm another member for help and some vendors are willing to take probably too much of their time to help beginners like me. That is worth more to me than having to mess with a smart @@@ on a site and not knowing the seller's rep. With two exceptions, the only other site I have bought and sold on is Specialty Pistol and I see a bunch of folks from here are members there. There is a running debate on there about fee paid classified, the owner of the site is leaning that way.

I hope Savage never shuts down their custom shop! And hope they are making enough selling the cheapo stuff to keep an added value service alive. As far as Savage parts in my closet, you guys bought'em all here.

And now I'm on another bent for a while, vintage (old) saxophones. Anybody here with a 12M Conn bari to sell, give me a shout!

nrar15
02-21-2015, 08:31 PM
Don't know about others here I sold most of my good stuff Big mistake on my part. Building a house and just do not have the cash to buy anything for the past few years. Hopefully I will be in the market for a couple for FB long actions to build soon.