PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 93R17 Barrel Removal

skdaddle
02-01-2015, 09:29 AM
I saw a thread on another forum that a 93R17 barrel is pressed in and not threaded. I have taken the barrel down to a point where the receiver is all that is left attached so the barrel can be threaded for a suppressor. Does the barrel need to be removed for the threading process or can the receiver be left intact for this procedure?

If it has to be removed, is there a recommended procedure for that if you want to do it yourself?

boostless
02-01-2015, 11:18 AM
As long as you have everything off the receiver it can be put in a lathe and worked on.

skdaddle
02-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, Boostless - I removed everything, including the two retaining pins on either side of the third set screw, so it could be removed. Probably should have just left them in. I wasn't sure if it could be placed in a lathe with the receiver still installed, thanks for the reply, I will leave it intact before I take it to the machine shop.

boostless
02-01-2015, 02:25 PM
not a problem, that's how I recrowned my FV-SR when I had access to a lathe.

skdaddle
02-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Took the barrel to the metal shop this afternoon, they will try to get started on it tomorrow, should have it back by Tuesday for testing the suppressor. They won't have any problem turning it with the receiver attached, he said. I had to put one of the two pins back in before leaving it with them so the barrel couldn't chance working loose during the process.
Thanks again for the quick reply, much appreciated.