PDA

View Full Version : Ready for a scope base........

Pages : 1 [2]

DrThunder88
03-07-2015, 11:50 PM
Weaver company rep. Long action. They don't make one that fits the original Axis. He referred me to EGW.
I verified the Weaver one for the Axis w/accutrigger does not fit, the Axis XP. I had to return that one.

That's bizarre. Their item 48347 fits my "original" Axises. What a shocking coincidence!

My guess is the Weaver rep you spoke to got his wires crossed and mistook Axis for 110. Even Weaver's website (http://www.weaveroptics.com/mountcharts/default.aspx) shows the 48347 as being for undifferentiated "Axis series" rifles. It's not too surprising if there was a mix-up on their end. Midway, for example, lists a few of the 110 rails they offer as being for "Axis Long Action" and a few 10 rails for "Axis Short Action". When I brought this up to Midway's customer service, they told me that was the information they got from the manufacturer and I should take it up with them if I had any more questions.

jbone
03-26-2015, 01:44 AM
I have both the DNZ Game Reaper and EGW Picatinny style rail for my .243 Axis II. I loved the quality and look of the DNZ, but I was forced to move over to a 20 MOA style rail since Savage cannot figure out why my rifle shoots low with elevation maxed out on my scope (both the factory Weaver and my Leupold). I just installed the EGW rail with Leupold PRW rings. They look great together and the quality on both products is top notch. Will be taking it to the range on Friday to sight in.

tufrthnails
03-26-2015, 03:01 AM
DNZ Game Reaper with 4-12x40 Redfield Revolutions no issues with my .270win.

devildogandboy
03-26-2015, 11:38 PM
I use the EGW mount for my axis, it works well and looks good on the rifle. It lets you use shorter length scopes and give greater adjustment. Besides all of this they are a forum sponsor and we need to support them.

everything he said! i have them on most my guns. good product for a good price.

Bruce

tammons
03-29-2015, 02:49 PM
EGW 0 degree base