PDA

View Full Version : model 10fcp magazine

Hoodlum
01-30-2015, 06:56 PM
A friend of mine a few states away, recently bought a new addition fcp-sr. What I mainly mean on the new addition part, is the fcp-sr's no longer use the AI magazine, but a magazine now made by Savage. It is a 10 round stagger feed mag. In pictures, his bottom metal looks very similar if not identical to my 10 fcp. Has anyone had any experience as to whether these mags are interchangeable? I have a Dark Eagle mag, but would like a couple more, and thought this might be a cheaper option. Have been trying to call Savage for 2 days, but stayed on hold until I finally hung up both times.
Hoodlum

Twinsen
01-30-2015, 09:03 PM
I bet the user Raygun on here would sell you his.

FWIW (dirt?) I sold mine for $15 shipped because I'd feel like a jerk selling it for $50.

acridsaint
01-30-2015, 11:52 PM
I don't know how much cheaper they will be for you, if you can find one. I looked around online quite a bit and had found some for like 79 bucks, but I can't find them now.

Mine is marked:
STD SHORT on one side and
110307 X01 on the other.

It has a 180 degree folded lip on the back and a little nub in the front to catch the mag release.

I did call them to complain about mine not holding 10 rounds and they sent me out a new one (yet to receive it), so they've at least got a few down there. No idea what they'll charge if they are willing to sell them.

Hope that helps.

greyghost
01-31-2015, 12:26 PM
I talked to Savage yesterday, The part # is 55184 and supposed to be $54.00 apiece, This is for the new factory Savage polymer mag 10 rnd
However I went to their store and could not find it. So I don't think their store front has been updated for the new mag the only one I found was $105.00
I cant understand anybody making a rifle today that does not take a standard magpul mag. Its just crazy what some manufactures are getting for their mags.
Wish they took standard magpul 7.62 mags have a drawer full of them.

acridsaint
01-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Bolt rifles often don't run well on double stack autoloader mags, that's why they don't do it. The old AICS option was better than a proprietary mag though, because at least there are several aftermarkets available at good prices and there are now Magpul mags coming out for them this year.

Twinsen
02-01-2015, 06:28 AM
I talked to Savage yesterday, The part # is 55184 and supposed to be $54.00 apiece, This is for the new factory Savage polymer mag 10 rnd
However I went to their store and could not find it. So I don't think their store front has been updated for the new mag the only one I found was $105.00
I cant understand anybody making a rifle today that does not take a standard magpul mag. Its just crazy what some manufactures are getting for their mags.
Wish they took standard magpul 7.62 mags have a drawer full of them.

Take a look at a Mossberg MVP bolt. Then feel the action of a Mossberg MVP. You'll realize it's not the best idea. AR mags are made for AR bolts. Not even 6 months ago I'd have agreed with you.

greyghost
02-01-2015, 09:42 PM
you're probably right, I imagine there is a lot more force from semi auto bolt, Than by manually operating bolt. I did not think of it that way, I guess I will just have to wait until my rifle arrives to pass judgment on how it operates . I have never owned a Savage before so don't really know what to expect. Just going by what Im reading and need to take that with a grain of salt it appears.

Twinsen
02-02-2015, 02:33 PM
There is the problem of increased friction. But also cartridges sit low in an AR magazine because it has those long thin lugs that can reach down and hit the round from either side of the staggered mag. To get the MVP bolt to do the same...

http://cdn.gunsamerica.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mossberg-MVP-bolt1.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/vjatskie/MVPBoltDisassemby002_zps8e1847ba.jpg

Now that flap has to fold up so that the bolt can rotate to lock the breach. It's not ideal and the action is yucky.