PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket stock for Savage 12 F/TR

SteelerNation
01-30-2015, 01:01 PM
Hi:

I was wondering if you guys may know of any after-market stocks that would be compatable with a Savage 12F/TR in .308? Just a thought bouncing around in my head and I'm wondering if McMillan or Accuracy International, etc. may have something available that would work with my Savage?

Robinhood
01-31-2015, 10:25 AM
XLR industris Evolution and carbon may be a fit. I would bet money Fred Moreo (SSS) would make one. Stockade would surely make one. Without getting to far into this, any custom stock maker can do it. The bolt spacing is the same for the fore and aft screw, one would just need to delete the mag option and add the third hole and pillar/ferrule. Find some acceptable stocks and contact the manufacture.

If you like the wood stocks I have a SSS LVT w/adjustable comb that my bride has on her HB 223. It is set up for single shot with no mag-well. I have thought about adding the middle screw hole and putting my F/TR in it.

SteelerNation
02-01-2015, 12:49 PM
XLR industris Evolution and carbon may be a fit. I would bet money Fred Moreo (SSS) would make one. Stockade would surely make one. Without getting to far into this, any custom stock maker can do it. The bolt spacing is the same for the fore and aft screw, one would just need to delete the mag option and add the third hole and pillar/ferrule. Find some acceptable stocks and contact the manufacture.

If you like the wood stocks I have a SSS LVT w/adjustable comb that my bride has on her HB 223. It is set up for single shot with no mag-well. I have thought about adding the middle screw hole and putting my F/TR in it.

Thanks Robinhood! I'm going to look into it...maybe give a couple phone calls.

Thanks!

Mike