PDA

View Full Version : IDing AccuStock

Bimmer
01-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Hi all,

I'm shopping Savage 10s, and I'm looking at some used guns, some NOS discontinued guns, and new guns.

I want an AccuStock, I'm having a hard time determining which guns have the AccuStock.

I've read that the AccuStock guns have the bolt release in front of the trigger guard, instead of up on the right side of the receiver, but this doesn't seem correct.

For example, Savage clearly says the new FCP-SR does have the AccuStock, but the bolt release is up on the right side (both in Savage's photos and in owners' photos).

I'm also looking at a used P-SR on GunBroker, and the bolt release is in front of the trigger guard, but the seller insists that it is not an AccuStock.

Is there any way to easily look at a gun (look at pictures) and know whether it's an AccuStock or not???

Hotolds442
01-29-2015, 04:15 PM
The location of the bolt release is no indication of whether the rifle has an accustock or not. I haven't found a sure-fire method of determining whether a stock is an accustock or not just by looking at it. Others may be able to tell the difference, by sight alone, but if there's a trick to it, I'm not on to it yet. Model familiarization will be your best bet.

noisewaterphd
01-31-2015, 03:47 PM
Aside from model designations (FCSS, etc.) and actually removing the action I haven't found a way to identify them by sight.