PDA

View Full Version : Trigger and recoil lug from Sharp Shooters Supply...

lightacres
01-28-2015, 04:53 PM
I ordered a trigger and a recoil lug from Sharp Shooters Supply. Check cleared on 12/23/2014. I have not received them yet. Emails I sent were replied to with statements about bad weather affecting deliveries which I can understand. But...in the mean time I've ordered another trigger and recoil lug which will be delivered next week. Just saying, if you want something from SSS then don't be in a hurry. Luckily I'm building two savages so I will use the SSS stuff when it shows up.

Hotolds442
01-28-2015, 05:26 PM
And if you're even luckier, the stuff that arrives from the other source won't be Chinese made rip offs of the SSS items.

lightacres
01-28-2015, 05:40 PM
And if you're even luckier, the stuff that arrives from the other source won't be Chinese made rip offs of the SSS items.

Recoil lug is coming from Gunshack and trigger is from Timney.

sparky123321
01-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Plenty of other good sources for quality Savage parts besides SSS.

Hotolds442
01-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Recoil lug is coming from Gunshack and trigger is from Timney.
Be sure to read post #6 & 7
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?41283-Black-Hole-barrel-nut&highlight=Gunshack+recoil+lug

sparky123321
01-28-2015, 08:41 PM
I've used Badger Ordinance and PTG recoil lugs with great success. I also used many Rifle Basix triggers on Savages and they are great, but you really need know what you're doing with them and how to adjust them.

Rooster 50
01-28-2015, 11:32 PM
I ordered a trigger and a recoil lug from Sharp Shooters Supply. Check cleared on 12/23/2014. I have not received them yet. Emails I sent were replied to with statements about bad weather affecting deliveries which I can understand. But...in the mean time I've ordered another trigger and recoil lug which will be delivered next week. Just saying, if you want something from SSS then don't be in a hurry. Luckily I'm building two savages so I will use the SSS stuff when it shows up.

So you got your pound of flesh........NOW WHAT?

sixonetonoffun
01-29-2015, 12:20 AM
McGowan retails SSS recoil lugs. Thats where mine came from.

sparky123321
01-29-2015, 08:08 AM
So you got your pound of flesh........NOW WHAT?

I can never understand why some members jump on any person that posts anything negative about SSS. Most of us that have been around a while already know not to order anything from them unless you're willing to waiting a lot longer than they tell you up front and that your credit card will be immediately charged. I'm not saying the wait won't be worth it in the end, but you need to know what you're getting into with SSS.

I do notice that this topic comes up pretty much every month and that it's normally the first time the person has done business with SSS. It's obviously an ongoing issue or it wouldn't constantly be coming up. I really wish SSS could be a little more realistic with their estimated delivery times. I don't blame the member for reaching out to others to see if they've had similar experiences. I believe that's what the form is for, sharing our experiences good and bad on products and services for Savage rifles. I'm just getting tired of hearing about the same old issues with SSS over and over again.

Going forward, I'm probably just going to skip over any posts pertaining to SSS. If people haven't been warned by now, I don't know what else can be done.

J.Baker
02-01-2015, 03:25 PM
They do it because they're tired of hearing you being a broken record and bashing SSS every time their name comes up, which is the same reason I sent you the PM politely requesting you give it a rest. Instead you chose to get snarky with me and tell me to mind my own **** business, then requested to have your account deleted so I did you one better and did the rest of the forum a favor by just banning you so you can't ever come crawling back.

Good-bye and good riddance.