PDA

View Full Version : 243 Win vs AI

Pages : 1 [2]

Luke45
01-27-2015, 09:07 PM
Handi I've taken a parent cartridge and threaded the barrel down sung on it( Firesign pin removed) then tested with the parent case, if closing the e bolt gives a little resistance (crush fit) on the brass and then swap in a parent go gauge and it won't close your good to go

Luke45
01-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Then any time you need to barrel swap just use a fire formed case to re headspace

handirifle
01-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Handi I've taken a parent cartridge and threaded the barrel down sung on it( Firesign pin removed) then tested with the parent case, if closing the e bolt gives a little resistance (crush fit) on the brass and then swap in a parent go gauge and it won't close your good to go

So, are you saying use an unfired cartridge?

handirifle
01-27-2015, 11:34 PM
What about reaming, done by DIY or a smith?

GaCop
01-28-2015, 10:52 AM
How does that work. Neck size only? This is for a hunting rifle and am a little concerned with feeding issues. Correct, The Lee collet die only neck sizes. In a standard chamber, not tight match dimensions, you may not need to full length size the 243 AI cases for four or five loadings

Luke45
01-28-2015, 11:17 AM
So, are you saying use an unfired cartridge?
yes a live round, or a peice of brass of the type you will be using. and what do you mean on reaming? id hope i wouldnt do a DIY reaming job!!!! ;)

handirifle
01-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Yea that was what I was asking. I know some have done their own reaming but mostly rimmed cartridges. If I go AI I guess it will be with a different barrel.
thanks