PDA

View Full Version : SSS stocks - pillar bedded - for Model 10?

choclabs
01-26-2015, 01:13 AM
I am looking for a different stock for my Model 10 Predator Hunter Max 1 - Accustock & Accutrigger - bolt release in front of trigger guard.

Looking for members who have recently bought a stock from SSS.

Question - since they are pillar bedded at the factory, is it best practice to also glass bed with the action when mounting the rifle to the stock?

Seems to me that if you add bedding material to the inlet that you would be moving the bottom of the action away from the top of the bedding pillars. I have never bedded an action to a stock before, but was understanding that the pillar was to be in contact with the bottom of the action so as to prevent squeezing the stock material when torquing the action screws.

Or are his factory milled inlets so tight to tolerances that drop in and install the action screws and you are good to go?

Really hope to hear from some who have bought one of his stocks and like the results.

jonbearman
01-27-2015, 01:23 AM
If the pillars are proud(above the wood) yes you can bed it. If they are flush then you have to grind away about 1/8th of an inch or a little less and then epoxy bed it.