PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out after some PDs today

nova1194
05-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Finished up some errands this morning, got home, noticed the sun was shining, the wind was not blowing, and the wife was not home. So I threw my 223 AI and my 22-250AI in the truck and left, stopped at my little range on a farm that is on the way to the PD town, shot some test loads through the 22-250, made it up to 43 grains of h380 under a 40gr sierra hollow point before pressure signs showed up, and headed out for the PDs.
The first shot of the day was the best, lined up the 223 on a big dog right at 100 yards, he was laying down on his mound, cut loose a 55gr vmax and when I looked up over the scope he was still 3 ft in the air, he landed about 5 ft behind the mound, there were more gymnastics to come but that first one was the best by far. Got a little sun burn but it was worth it, I hope we have some decent weather next weekend, money is kind of tight now and I cant afford to do much drag racing, but PDs are close and cheap.

Mike

dcloco
05-02-2010, 02:10 AM
I am jealous. Thanks for sharing though!!!!

CJ in WY
05-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Doggin is good for the soul!
Been waiting for the pups to venture out before I start on prairie dogs but the ground squirrels have been fun ;)
A couple of before pics ;D
http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/prairiedogs/websize/DSC03891.JPG
http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/prairiedogs/websize/DSC03896.JPG

Armed in Utah
05-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Yept...waiting for a week or so more then the pups will be up here too....

Have a 'patch' on my farm that needs 'removed'....the previous owner had a

punk kid ride around on a quad with a 410 shotgun...these p/dogs ain't seen nothin' till

I get out my 20 Practical with 32 V's @ 4000 fps on the hill above around 350 yds away....

;D

Deserthunter
05-14-2010, 08:33 PM
What part of the State are you in...... I lived in Eastern Utah for a number of years and found them. I haven't found any for some time on the West Desert.... Also, I haven't checked in the last little while, what are the dates that there closed to shooting..... One last thing, what species are you poking?

I really want to get out and bust a few, it's been years, I'm disabled now and it's hard to locate them......

Thanks, Mike

5spd
05-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Been a good month so far out here, 623 removed from just 1 spot this month already.
The ranches I shoot on are flowing with them this year. Ground looks like wheat in the wind....moving with them running for cover..... ;D!

TOO Builder
05-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Cut it out you guys, your killin me :'(. The new 20 Vartarg is shooting FANTASTIC but it will still be a couple weeks before I could even get a chance at going doggin.