PDA

View Full Version : Long action to Short...

EthanW
01-22-2015, 12:19 AM
Hey folks, newbie question for you all.
I bought a older 110E off of a lady a few years back chambered in .270 win. Living in Indiana I have had no real use for this gun. With Indiana possibly changing the hunting laws in the coming season I would like to put the .358 hoosier in the safe and try another gun. I would like to re-barell this gun to a .260 rem. Here is where i beat a dead horse...

270= long action
260= short action??

Bolt face is .473 on both

With this being the case, would I be correct (remember I am new to this) to say that to change this over to the .260 rem, I would only need the barrel? The long action would work and allow me to play with seating depth to a greater extent? Will I have any pressure issues (or lack of), The bolt face should remain the same.

Once again, I thank you in advance for the advice and to let me know if I am on the right track. Ive been hunting with Encores for a hot minute but would love to give this old 110E some life. Thank you all.
Ethan

Hotolds442
01-22-2015, 05:58 AM
It's a straight swap, with the slight possibility of some minor feed lip tweaking of the magazine box.

Robinhood
01-22-2015, 06:24 AM
It's a straight swap, with the slight possibility of some minor feed lip tweaking of the magazine box.

All there is to it, good luck.

seanhagerty
01-22-2015, 08:20 AM
I never had to do anything other than swap the bolt face.

EthanW
01-22-2015, 10:13 AM
Thanks folks!