PDA

View Full Version : Hog Hunter or Precision Carbine

Starfighter_F104X
01-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm toggling between the Hog Hunter and the Precison Carbine Both in .308

My plans are to put the rifle in a thumbhole stock from Boyds. And the Hoggy is a good platform for modifications

What I want: threaded barrel für muzzle fire damper.

The original stock is not longer in use.

The Only diffence betwenn the two rifle is the dbm magazine.

pro hog hunter:

+cheaper
+open sights
+Threaded Barrel
-external magazine

Pro Precision Carbine

+Accustock
+magazine
-more expensive than hog hunter
- no open sights (if needed ? )

My Question to you is what would you do ?
And do you load you rifle by taking out the magazione or do you load through the rifle(like an external magazine)
Thanks for answers, but please not only two words

Hotolds442
01-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Since you haven't said you're on a budget here, I'm going to stray from my norm and go with the 10 PC. It sounds to me like the DBM is on your list so you might as well just get it from the start. If you could snag a 10 TR for a reasonable price, I would choose it over the two you're looking at, but the 10 TR is really hard to find.

Starfighter_F104X
01-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks for your answer- Budget is limited but- If i pay a complete rifle with the dbm I think it's cheaper in Europe than order to much parts after sale and don't repent it

How do you feed your savage ? from above or via the mag ?
It is a problem to feed them when a scope is mounted ?

I will use this gun for sports shooting (only fun) and perhaps later for hunting.

Another option is the 10 PH with a fluted barrel...

Hotolds442
01-21-2015, 05:57 PM
I remove the magazine from the rifle when reloading it, it's a lot easier than trying to clear the scope to feed.
the 10PH is not a bad choice, I have one in 243AI and it's been a real good shooter so far.

hafejd30
01-21-2015, 07:26 PM
The pc has a threaded barrel as well. At least the model I have does. Maybe they've changed...