PDA

View Full Version : Bell and Carlson Stock for Savage Target Action

Jpr423
01-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Hi All,

I have a savage 6mmbr with the target action. I am wanting to put a BC Medalist on it. Now I have done some research and I know it's possible by removing the center screw but the folks at stockeys said there are still some fitting issues. Has anyone tried this? How much fitting is involved? And what do you do about the space where the magazine would go?

Another option I found was Manners not sure if anyone has any experience with that?

Thanks!

Jpr423
01-21-2015, 02:37 PM
I should also mention it is a left port gun.

GaCop
01-23-2015, 10:57 AM
If you go with the BC Medalist, just ignore the magazine opening in the stock. If you want to bed the whole action in the new stock, you could fill the stock void with the a stick type epoxy and bed with Devcon over that. Before starting this work, see how well the action fits the stock to see if you need to do a little tweaking prior to bedding.

jerry shaw
01-24-2015, 11:20 AM
Realize that even if the B&C medalist stock fits dimensionally and the screw holes align properly, you won't be able to use the three bedding screws the target action has.
This may or may not be important to you. I'm really not sure how much difference it will make.
As GaCop said, you can ignore the mag well on the B&C.

Jpr423
01-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Thanks guys. As of right now I'm not too worried about the middle screw but I guess that will depend how it shoots with 2 screws.

The stock will be here Monday. ;)