PDA

View Full Version : Which Model?

tojo70
01-21-2015, 01:47 PM
There are probably a hundred posts about this on here but I don't want to spend the time sifting through it.
Here's what I'm looking at:
I'm going to be buying a Savage chambered in 7mm-08. I don't know whether to get the Model 11 or 16. Or more specifically what is the difference?
For more information on my hunting needs: I hunting in Central Montana, mainly for Muleys and Whitetails with an occasional elk hunt here and there. Shots are usually 50-400 yards but mostly under 200 yards. (400 being a rare shot.)
I currently own a Model 16 300 WSM with a muzzle break. Honestly, it's way more gun than I need. I've been looking at getting a 7mm-08 for a while, and what pushed me over the edge to get one is that I am getting into reloading and a friend of mine has all of the necessities (dies, kits etc) for the 7mm-08.
I'm looking at the 11 or 16 as I can get the nicer Nikon Scope. I currently have a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 on the WSM. I am going to be taking that off of my WSM and putting it on a 25-06 I just got, keeping the Nikon on the 7mm-08.
So, after reading through things on other sites, the Savage site and other resources, I just don't know what the difference is, or more specifically if for my needs the 16 is worth the extra money over the 11.