PDA

View Full Version : Savage newbie

Mta5672
01-21-2015, 01:40 AM
I am a newbie to the savage world. i have several custom rifles and am pretty involved in long range hunting and hobby shooting. I have never had an interest in savages until recently. I am a member on another forum and watch a long range page on facebook. To make a long story short I got pretty frustrated listening to all of the night force loving $4000 custom Remington guys spouting off at the mouth. I decided I was going to build a savage, on my own and show up to one of their shoots and shut em up!! I already acquired a donor action and have a solid plan. I just need a little help from you guys...who's in? I'm going with a 6.5-284 26in with a Stevens 200 donor action. Did I mention they all hate Vortex scopes? I'm going to top it off with a Vortex HSLR. I'm open to suggestions on the rest...

GaCop
01-21-2015, 05:51 AM
Welcome to the forums. We'll help all we can.

ragsflh
01-21-2015, 06:09 AM
howdy

Berger.Fan222
01-21-2015, 10:53 AM
I am a newbie to the savage world. i have several custom rifles and am pretty involved in long range hunting and hobby shooting. I have never had an interest in savages until recently. I am a member on another forum and watch a long range page on facebook. To make a long story short I got pretty frustrated listening to all of the night force loving $4000 custom Remington guys spouting off at the mouth. I decided I was going to build a savage, on my own and show up to one of their shoots and shut em up!! I already acquired a donor action and have a solid plan. I just need a little help from you guys...who's in? I'm going with a 6.5-284 26in with a Stevens 200 donor action. Did I mention they all hate Vortex scopes? I'm going to top it off with a Vortex HSLR. I'm open to suggestions on the rest...

I expect that 6.5-284 will be a sweet shooter. There are a lot of sniper wannabees out there. It's always nice to seem them get beaten by a shooter with a more humble rifle and a Leupold or Burris or Nikon glass.

When you get that 6.5 finished, we'd love to have you join us in the monthly email match. It comes down to shooting three 5 shot groups at 100 yards or more, probably something you will do when working up loads, etc. Rules are here:

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?164-E-mail-Match-Rules-Effective-01-02-12)

drybean
01-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
01-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Welcome