PDA

View Full Version : Savage Ten Round Magazines

Balljoint
01-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Was watching a blog(gunblast.com) on the first day of the shot shot, shows a Savage Factory ten round magazine anyone any info

J.Baker
01-21-2015, 12:30 AM
Been limited discussion on it in this thread...

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?40964-Beware-10FCP-SR-has-been-changed

Wont work with Axis or Trophy Hunter models, or any other model that uses the Axis style magazine.

NickM
01-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Does anyone have a source for these?
I currently have a 10T, which comes with one 4 rounder, and would like to have some additional mags.
10's would be preferable to 4's, unless these things (the 10's) just don't work.

Nick

Twinsen
01-21-2015, 05:33 PM
I believe the 10 round mag could be improved with an anti-tilt follower with long legs that reduce the capacity to 5 or 6 rounds. I would stick to the stock 4 rounder. I'd much rather my rifle came with the 4 rounder.

Although trying to get the mag to work at the range was a hoot. My RSO friend was laughing at me and telling me to get a Tikka. And I was laughing at how terrible the mag is but also sticking up for Savage as the mag kept choking on me. I saw four or five people literally laughing at me because I was like "Savage isn't terrible. It's just the mag!" And while I said it a round flew out the ejection port randomly. If you enjoy Mr. Bean or Benny Hill, you'd understand.

Hotolds442
01-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Does anyone have a source for these?
I currently have a 10T, which comes with one 4 rounder, and would like to have some additional mags.
10's would be preferable to 4's, unless these things (the 10's) just don't work.

Nick
Get on the Savage parts finder and start entering random serial numbers until you find what you're looking for. Maybe even PM twinsen for his...

Twinsen
01-21-2015, 10:00 PM
I would have suggested it, but I thought it was against the rules.