PDA

View Full Version : Hog Hunter Rear Sight Adjustment

wingspar
01-19-2015, 08:10 PM
This gun is still new. I’ve had it to the range for 24 rounds once. My results on paper sucked, but hitting plastic bottles at 50 yards was fun. I was about to take it out and begin sighting in at 25 yards, then once I had it sighted in there, move out to 50 yards. I decided to check the manual for sight adjustment before I headed out, but there is not one word on the sights in the manual. Stupid.

Windage adjustment is easy, but for elevation, I’m stumped. I can guess that loosening the screw on the side in the photo below will allow the sight to be moved up and down by sliding. Not very accurate, but is my thinking right?

Second question is what do those little divots with numbers on them represent? I can guess that the divots stand for 100 yards each. Is this correct?

http://www.pbase.com/wingspar/image/158878810/original.jpg

jonbearman
01-19-2015, 09:56 PM
You are correct and it clamps up good and when loose I take the butt of a plastic or wood screwdriver handle and tap it if it is stubborn. Just move it a little at a time as there is no rhyme or reason to the markings.

wingspar
01-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the info. After I posted, I played with the windage adjustment a little, cause when I picked the gun up at the LGS, the rear sight was so loose it was flopping around. The guy at the LGS centered it by eyeball, and tightened the screw. Looking at it close today, it did not line up with the marks on front of the sight, so I loosened it and tried to center it. Took a long time cause every time I tightened the screw, it moved off center again. Looked like there was a ding near where the screw contacts the sight.

I didn’t really try to do any sighting in the one time I’ve had it out to the range, but I wanted to begin sighting it in the next time, but that wasn’t meant to be today I guess. I don’t even have a screwdriver small enough to fit that elevation screw. Not sure what I’m going to do about that.