PDA

View Full Version : Strange rquest from Ebay buyer

Pages : 1 [2]

Robinhood
01-19-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm with Carvera on both of his posts. The "Rag Head" comment was uncalled for as well.

Furthermore, if the buyer thinks they are flying under the radar in any of numerous avenues, all any government entity has to do is scan the shipping label and/or look at the Post Office records and they know the who and where on both ends of the transaction. It no longer even takes a search warrant. Talk to ebay, The Patriot Act has forced financial institutions to give the governments agents unlimited access to everyone's pay pal and bank accounts and through every avenue possible, record all firearms and firearm parts transactions. I have had this conversation with them and my banker, there is no secrecy or anonymity anymore.

shooterfpga
01-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Maybe he doesnt want his wife to know he bought ANOTHER gun part. Or the other thing that comes to mind is hes reselling it and pretty much gonna use you to drop ship to his new customer. The glued pipe stuff is weird but a good way to keep it protected.

Robinhood
01-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Or the other thing that comes to mind is hes reselling it and pretty much gonna use you to drop ship to his new customer. The glued pipe stuff is weird but a good way to keep it protected.

In that case you are obligated to put all of your info in the cardboard tube.

foxx
01-19-2015, 11:26 PM
In that case you are obligated to put all of your info in the cardboard tube.

Ha ha. He's getting a cardboard tube, anyway.

TORCHRIDER
01-20-2015, 07:58 PM
Just given the fact that you posted here and there are all these comments about red flags and such, I would tell eBay I want out of the deal due to the weird request. Better safe than sorry. Call me paranoid, but everything you type is stored forever.

limige
01-20-2015, 11:44 PM
And what do you think the mighty folks at ebay are going to do?
I dont think they are too crazy about gun stuff on there as is.

Seriously its a barrel who cares. Just wipe your prints to be safe lol

sinman
01-21-2015, 09:53 PM
I get requests like that ever week on there, What they do is have an address here in the us that forwards their packages to them over seas. Just report it to ebay and atf if you want too. I had a guy the other day that wanted me to cut his mag light down and make a thread cap to screw on a rifle (to make a can out of). Some people are stupid.

D.ID
01-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Oh my lord, new level of stupid.

Twinsen
01-21-2015, 10:22 PM
Aluminum maglight on a rifle. Please do it. I want pics.

I bought this maglight silencer and all I got was this blown out tube and 10 years.

Berger.Fan222
01-21-2015, 11:11 PM
Most of my firearm privacy concerns are more related to the local meth heads than the feds. Any steps that keep the delivery guys and even members of my household from knowing are positive. Things are squared away now, but once upon a time a resident in my home told some drug dealing friends were the guns were and how they were secured.

Moving was an expensive lesson, so now we operate on more of a "need to know" basis regarding what valuables are in the home and how they may be stored. So sure, everyone knows there are no secrets from homeland and NSA regarding anything with an electronic trail. Usually, the motivation for privacy is keeping one's property secure from peeps a lot dumber than them.

yobuck
01-22-2015, 10:46 AM
I get requests like that ever week on there, What they do is have an address here in the us that forwards their packages to them over seas. Just report it to ebay and atf if you want too. I had a guy the other day that wanted me to cut his mag light down and make a thread cap to screw on a rifle (to make a can out of). Some people are stupid.

Which just might be why some choose to blow themselves up maybe?