PDA

View Full Version : New Guy needing help

Muleskinner
01-18-2015, 10:22 AM
New to this Forum or any Forum as far as that goes. Known by my family and friends as a Muleskinner. Living in Wyoming I have the Long eared hay burners that allows me to get away from most of the traveled trails. I have a few rifles and love to hunt up in the high country away from everybody with my Mules. I am not sure just what Tags and Threads are so I hope I don't make posting mistakes. I have a 7MM 110L rifle that was past down from my family. I have used it for many years to provide food for my family. I believe it was bought new back in the early 1960's A couple of years ago I was out with my daughter and sons elk hunting when I grabbed a hand full of shells and accidentally put a 270 win round in the mag which is what my daughter shoots. It was the second shot and I new something was wrong by the sound as soon as I pulled the trigger. It damaged the bolt extractor assembly and I have been looking for over 2 years trying to get it repaired. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I believe it is the long action type left handed bolt. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. Thanks :frusty:

drybean
01-18-2015, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the site

GaCop
01-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the forums. Have you looked at the Numrich web site for parts? They stock quite a bit for the Savage.

rice paddy daddy
01-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Welcome from Florida.