PDA

View Full Version : question about stock on stevens 200....

noname
01-18-2015, 08:51 AM
This may sound funny to you...Being a man of thin wallet
and looking foranother stock,I got this wild idea....
If I were to fill the voids in this stock with body putty
do you think it will make it more stiffer for target shooting..
It has pillars in it already..And I do have to open the channel
a little for the heaiver barrel..So tell me your thoughts on
this..I know there has to have been someone that has tried
this befor..:confused::smile-new::smile-new:

FW Conch
01-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Yes, it has been tried and talked about and photographed and done, and done over again! A search on here can find piles of reading material on the subject.

It can help a little, and keep you out of the "strip bars" :-)

When you say target shooting, one assumes you mean against opponents, but with such a stock you will not be competitive.

Such a stock can, however, make a suitable, light weight rifle for hunting.

JMHO ... Jim :-)

noname
01-18-2015, 10:23 AM
Yes, it has been tried and talked about and photographed and done, and done over again! A search on here can find piles of reading material on the subject.

It can help a little, and keep you out of the "strip bars" :-)

When you say target shooting, one assumes you mean against opponents, but with such a stock you will not be competitive.

Such a stock can, however, make a suitable, light weight rifle for hunting.

JMHO ... Jim :-) But I love the strip joints and whore houses....And what do you mean not be competitive.....

Thats bull ****..with my bull barrel and stiffer stock and can beat you any day of the week....

GaCop
01-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Yes, the factory "Tupperware" stock forearm can be stiffened but, it still won't be a stock I would rely on for competition. The barrel channel can be opened up but it wont have much side wall left when done. I've doctored up a number of them for sporter rifles and they do work well for that application.

FW Conch
01-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Beat me at what, harvesting deer or punching holes in paper ?? :-))

edit ... And by the way, no matter what you've done to your tupperware, your stock is not stiffer than mine ! ! ! :-))

sharpshooter
01-18-2015, 11:32 PM
When it comes to polishing turds, tupperware doesn't shine up too well......;)