PDA

View Full Version : Which 308 to pick?

Pages : 1 [2]

shooterfpga
01-19-2015, 02:04 PM
The mossberg mvp is growing on me. The main part i like is the ability to accept ar15/ar10 magazines. That saves you $300 plus or minus for dbm/inletting work.

Twinsen
01-19-2015, 05:15 PM
I have a 223 MVP. There's a reason nobody uses AR mags for bolt actions. The MVP is complicated, sloppy, gritty, and has a trigger that is "meh." I would suggest another route.

Also my shooting buddy bought the same model as me and his shoots 10 MOA from a sled. Scary.

kkeene
01-19-2015, 11:23 PM
I would avoid a used barrel with iron sights. They can require a lot of work to get the sights on the top and properly headspaced. More to deal with than the average barrel swap. Better to buy the whole gun in my openion.

I was able to pick up a used HH in 308 and I am happy with it. Mine is right at 1 moa but I am still getting it dialed in. I don't like the factory bedding on this rifle so that is what I am going to address next. I really like the balance so I don't want to restock it, might waste some time trying to bed the plastic stock but I have to figure out what to do with the rear pillar and that dang magazine retention tab between the pillar and the action. Savage makes a great gun with some incredible engineering but that retention tab is a bad design.