PDA

View Full Version : 11 Trophy Predator Hunter stock material

Underdog
01-16-2015, 10:02 PM
11 International Trophy Predator Hunter, Snow Camo..... Savages web site says this is a wood stock, is this correct? Anyone have one of these and can comment on it? I'm torn between the Predator Hunter and the Hog Hunter. Can anyone help enlighten me or sway me to one or the other?

BoilerUP
01-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Don't own one but handled one at Cabelas - its tupperware.

jonbearman
01-19-2015, 09:58 PM
I read that it is a polymer meaning nothing sticks to it but dirt.LOL

wingspar
01-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Do not know anything about the Trophy Predator Hunter, but I do have the Hog Hunter and it is a Synthetic Green Composite Stock. I don’t have a problem with it, but many do. I will say that the recoil pad is very sticky, and sticks to clothing.

http://www.pbase.com/wingspar/image/158815141/original.jpg

Underdog
01-20-2015, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm ordering a hog hunter today. I can deal with the synthetic stock for a bit.

Hotolds442
01-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Good choice!

Underdog
01-20-2015, 05:27 PM
I placed the order, should have it in about a week. Besides the iron sights, does the hog hunter come with scope bases? If not what weaver bases do I need to buy?

Stan r
01-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Does not come with scope bases.

Going to order a Hog Hunter early next week

Link to the chart

http://www.weaveroptics.com/mountcharts/default.aspx

J.Baker
01-30-2015, 03:02 AM
11 International Trophy Predator Hunter, Snow Camo..... Savages web site says this is a wood stock, is this correct? Anyone have one of these and can comment on it? I'm torn between the Predator Hunter and the Hog Hunter. Can anyone help enlighten me or sway me to one or the other?

NEVER rely on the Savage's website specifications - EVER! I don't even advise relying on the photo's to be accurate representations of the current product as Savage (and some other manufacturers I won't name) do a horrible job of making sure the information on their website is accurate and up-to-date. It's gotten a little better in recent years, but they still have a long, long way to go. Part of the problem and the reason for the inaccuracy is the sheer number of different SKU's they offer, and each one has it's own specifications page. Entering the data gets mind-numbing to say the least and it's not difficult for the person doing it to accidentally start reading off the next or previous line, transpose numbers, etc.

Hotolds442
01-30-2015, 03:17 AM
I'd avoid the China scope bases personally and seek something a little better quality for your fine rifle. You won't be sorry.

Underdog
01-30-2015, 06:16 AM
I bought a pair of weaver 402m scope bases for the rifle and also a williams wgrs-savage peep sight which I'm going to play around with first. I like peep sights on rifles but my eyes aren't what they use to be, so eventually a scope will be mounted on the 402m bases. I pick the rifle up from the ffl tomorrow, can't wait.